Leaving 2013 firmly behind me it’s time to think about new and exciting things as I enter a ‘new beginning’ phase of my life. The last few months have been a roller coaster of happy times and deep sadness, also a time of high anxiety and stress, which now I am over the worst part I hope will start to calm as I enter my ‘new life’. I have been utterly overwhelmed by the huge support network I have around me, and have realised I really not alone here. I’m not one for sitting around feeling sorry for myself so I have put together a list of things I want to do to get me back on the track for the new year and give me the boost I need to get over the hard times. Life is too short to be wasted so it’s time to make the most of the time I have. Here are my new years resolutions for a very different year to the original plan!
1. It’s Lyndsay time – It’s been a tough time, I’m feeling drained emotionally and physically so I need to start learning to put my own thoughts and feelings first. I’m quick to help others and to push myself to do things I should do rather than want to do. This is a time for reflection on what I really want to do in my heart and learn about what really makes me happy.
2. Catch up with friends – For various reasons I feel I’ve drifted apart from many of my friends, it’s a funny time, everyone is moving further away, having babies and our lives are changing so I will do what it takes to put in that extra effort to make sure to see everyone and spend some quality time together.
3. Blogging Crazy – The best thing that happened to me in 2013 was the growth of my little baby blog, it gives me so much happiness, I’ve met amazing people and had more opportunities than I ever dreamed of, so I want to pour my heart and soul into making it the best it can possibily be. I’m thinking a complete make-over, some weekly features and a whole list of other exciting things I won’t share now as you’ll have to watch this space, I’ve got loads of amazing ideas lined up!
4. Learn to live by my own rules – it’s a refreshing feeling to not have to answer to anyone but myself. I can do what I want to do, when I want to do it and shape my own life. If I want to buy that floral Cath Kidston duvet cover, I’ll just get it! My choices now.
5. Travel – With a new sense of freedom it’s time to see some of the places I’ve been dreaming about, maybe even plan a big trip to somewhere like South America or the Far East.
6. Be Myself – embrace every element of my personality, and just be true to myself! I will always be quirky and a bit geeky, I won’t change for anyone. I can’t wait to fully express myself as the person I want to be.
So thats it! Quite a few there, but it’s a big year… infact it’s the ‘Year of the Unicorn’ so it’s going to be a good one.
Link me with your New Years resolution posts below 🙂
Happy New Year….may all your wishes come true!