In January I hosted giveaway to win a super healthy box of Nakd Natural Bars on FizzyPeaches.com and was pleased to see so many of you entered! Thank you! 🙂 One of the ways to enter was to post your top health tip and I received so many comments, tweets and messages with your top health tips, you healthy bunch! I decided not to keep them all to myself, but to write the top 10 tips – as written by you – and share your secrets.
1. Drink Plenty of water – this was your top tip! So many people talked about the benefits of drinking water and there are loads. Make sure you drink around 2 litres a day, as this not only fills you up so you eat less, but it flushes out the system, detoxing and cleansing the body from nasties that can build up. Drinking more water also helps with energy levels and to keep the skin clear and radiant too. Lots of reasons to drink water!
2. Planning – Lots of you talked about planning, organised bunnies! Meal plans and healthy snacks on the run are the way forward to sticking to a healthy lifestyle and a good way to avoid all the temptations that surround us.
3. Weight lifting – This is one of my top tips too, always include weight lifting within your work out, and don’t be afraid to do it. There are so many benefits however, for weight loss its fantastic as muscle burns more calories than fat, even during the times you are resting.
4. Set reminders – A great tip is to set reminders of your phone to have a glass of water or to get up from your desk and stretch your legs etc. It all helps!
5. Watch out for hidden sugar – Check sugar levels in supposedly ‘healthy’ foods, especially foods labelled as low fat as they often over-compensate with sugar. Drinks like smoothies often have as much sugar as a chocolate bar!
6. Don’t beat yourself up if you slip up – it’s bound to happen. The best thing you can do is get back on track ASAP to avoid any further damage and move on. No one is perfect, don’t beat yourself up.
Herbalife products from Healthy Life 2 U – tried and tested, you recommend these products for a healthy weight loss.
Everything in moderation – a lot of you agreed that a little bit of what you fancy is fine, as long as it’s in moderation.
Exercise in the morning – the perfect way to jump-start your metabolism and keep it whirring throughout the day, plus that boost in the morning will leave you energised for the day ahead, perfect! Or exercise after work, and you’ll feel better and lighter. As for any postexercise muscle pain and soreness postworkout, deal with them by using an ice/heat massage ball. You can use hot therapy to loosen up muscles or cold therapy to relieve inflammation.
Trust your instincts – if you start to feel run down, grab some extra vitamins and listen to your body.
So they were your top tips! Thank you to all who entered and shared your health tips.
The winner of the giveaway was the lovely Rebeeca from All About U. Please do check out her awesome blog and share the love.