With Valentines Day fast approaching, social media is turning to a flurry of red and pink, hearts and flowers…. it’s everywhere! Various blogs on my reading list have recently popped up Valentines Day gift guides for men, yet there has been little talk of what to buy women this year. Thats fair enough, men are tricky to buy for… however, what about the men/women who are stuck for ideas for their girlfriends/wives too? I was recently contacted by the lovelies at House of Fraser, who originally asked me to ask me to write a post on gift ideas for men. I toyed with the idea, but it didn’t really sit comfortably with me seeing as I have a lady in my life. After much deliberation I wrote back to them and asked whether they would enjoy a gift guide for women instead, explaining my situation and was overjoyed when they replied saying they would love to see my ideas, so here they are!
Valentines is always a bit of a funny time of year, there are two groups of people – those who go all out for the big day and others that prefer something a little more subtle. We are in the second category and prefer to just stay in, with a home cooked meal and a movie, nothing too fancy. We might exchange gifts, but they will be small token presents. So, with that in mind I’ve put this gift guide together for things to buy for the lady in your life (men, you are welcome!) with some lovely little gifts to give this Valentines Day.
1. Benefit Primping the Stars (£26.50) – This little kit has all of Benefit’s iconic favourites, from the famous ‘They’re Real’ Mascara to my personal favourite ‘Girl Meets Pearl’ which gives the most beautiful subtle glow.
2. Guerlain Météorites Compact Light-Revealing Powder (£40) – This has got to be the most gorgeous blusher I have ever seen! Guerlain have finally transformed their famous Météorites Pearls into a beautiful compact, perfect to pop in your handbag. With a mix of correcting and light-reflecting shades, this beautiful, stylish compact is perfect for all skin tones.
3. Boux Avenue Valentines Range (£9-35) – The classic Valentines day gift – sexy underwear! Boux have some utterly gorgeous pieces this season and super friendly staff if you are stuck trying to find the right size for your partner too. I love this gorgeous red and black lace set (and everything else on the site!)
4. Hotel Chocolat Lovely Hearts Collection (£6.50) – These chocolates sound just divine! Mini chocolate hearts with a solid shell and sumptuously soft melt-in-the-mouth flavours such as Caramel, Salted Almond and Passion Fruit Truffle.
5. 31 Perfect Cards for Unromantic People – I absolutely love the cards in this Buzzfeed – they made me laugh! If you are not one for a classic romantic card, take a look, this is for you! Cards come from various sellers, such as Etsy.
6. Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge Lip Colour Matte (£37.00) – a sophisticated red, perfect for Valentines Day.
7. Flamingo Lovebug Glitter Valentine (£12.00) – I’m a big fan of the scented candle so was excited to see Flamingo have a limited edition Valentines Day scent which promises to be a ‘sweet, strawberry sherbet delight‘ which sounds perfect, however if you are not into such a girly scent and glitter they do have slightly more sophisticated options too!
What will you be buying your loved ones this year?