Spring has truly sprung (well, apart from this gloomy bank holiday weekend!) so I’ve been busily searching through my make-up stash and the stores for peachy pinks and bright shades to liven things up, now the warmer times are here. This Spring I’ve been going for a natural look, still using my favourite BB cream of all time, the Ginvera Green Tea BB Cream for a minimal make-up look with great coverage. This BB cream has almost a greeny tinge to it, eliminating any redness or patchy skin, it’s fantastic.
Following on from that, here are a few of my top products for a Spring make-up bag:
- Embellisseur Teint de pêche – this little beauty came from the My Little Frenchie box*. It gives a peachy glow to any skin type, whilst nourishing the skin with edelweiss and apricot oil. I love using this to give my skin a healthy, dewy look, perfect for Spring.
- Benefit Fake Up (£18.50) – With a layer of Vitamin E and apple seed extract, this is the most moisturising concealer I’ve ever used, however, I love a love/hate relationship with this product. It gives really great coverage and is perfect for days my skin is a little dry, but if my skin is greasy it just adds to that and is way too shiny! So, a great product to use with caution!
- Clinique Eyelash Curlers – Ok, I’m a bit late to the party with this one, I haven’t used eyelash curlers since I was at school and have always thought they are a bit of a faff, but recently I received a Clinique gift set with a set. So, I’ve been trying them out and they really make a difference in literally 30 seconds – who knew! I’m also in love with Clinique High Lengths Mascara, after using up a tester size tube will be buying the full-sized product sharpish!
- Benefit Hoola (£23.50) – I love this bronzer as it’s quite subtle, gives the skin a lovely Spring-time tanned glow that looks so natural, people might actually think I’ve managed to catch some Springtime sunshine already (I haven’t… I’ve been at work).
- MAC Matte Lipstick in All Fired Up (£15.50) – I love this shade as it’s such a bright pop of colour, the colour gives a really vibrant matte finish, making any make-up look stand out from the crowd.
- The Body Shop All-in-One Blush in Macaroon* (£8.00) – A favourite of mine from last Spring, this blush gives a lovely sweep of warmth to the cheekbones and is a fine powder, perfect for blending and building colour up. A classic Springtime staple.
So, these are my top beauty favourites at the moment. I’ve been loving swapping items around and trying out new looks now the season is changing. I find it’s so easy to get stuck in a rut with my make-up routine, if I didn’t change my make-up bag around now and again I’d wear the same things day in day out!
Speaking of make-up bags, my current favourite is this little beauty from Wyatt and Jack*. Fitting in perfectly with my beachy theme, my little make-up bag is made from upcycled Deck Chair Canvas! Wyatt and Jack also make bags of all sizes, all from products upcycled from our British coastline. Some materials have spent up to 50 years being weathered, so hold entirely unique characteristics. You can even get bags made from retired Bouncy Castle Vinyl. Each product is different with it’s own story to tell – what a lovely idea!
What are your favourite products to use this Spring?
Remember: You can enter my giveaway to win a Leather Satchel worth £100 here.
If you enjoyed this post, please do follow on Bloglovin’!
– Items marked with a star (*) have been sent c/o the Brands mentioned,
however all thoughts and opinions are my own.