It’s that time of year again when the weather starts to get a little warmer and it’s time to begin prepping my skin for Spring. I love thinking about the new season and changing up my wardrobe, adding in lighter fabrics and brighter colours. I also start trying out new shades of makeup; this year I’m loving glowy pastels, shimmering bronze tones and pops of bright colours like blues, aquamarines and lilacs. Fragrances change from heavy, rich scents to something floral, light and airy. I just love this time of year, it makes me feel so rejuvenated and refreshed again.
So, with that in mind, here are my top 5 tips for preparing your skin for spring:
- Hair Removal – It’s time for the annual de-fuzz (ha, kidding). There are lots of options for achieving that silky smooth legs in time for wearing pretty floral dresses and rolling up those jeans. Shaving is the obvious choice and there are some lovely products out there now for keeping skin smooth, however for something a little more long term you could try home waxing or an epilator. I haven’t quite braved the later two yet but I’m thinking I might give them a go this year!
- Exfoliate – I tend to neglect my skin over the winter, as skin needs lots of fresh air; being wrapped up in heavy knits and thick tights is not ideal, so in the run up to Spring I like to give my skin a good scrub to remove old and dead skin cells to give my skin a much needed boost. One of my favourite scrubs is the Sanctuary Ultimate Salt Scrub (£12.00).
- Moisturise – Of course the next step of the process is to rehydrate the skin. I like to use an indulgent body lotion as my skin gets quite dry over the winter and treat this stage as a little pamper session. I love having a long, hot bath, finishing by smothering my skin top-to-toe in gorgeously scented body cream like The Body Shop Japanese Carmellia Cream (£23.00).
- Manicure and Pedicure – I wear darker shades during the winter, so as Spring comes I like to switch up my nail polishes to brighter, lighter shades – such as pastel pinks, corals and forget-me-not blues. It’s also time to give myself a well-earned pedicure and brighten those toenails too!
- Revamp your skincare – Lastly, I start to think about my skincare, switching to lighter options, letting the fresh air get to my skin and perhaps adding in an SPF if there is even a chance of some sunshine during the day (although it maybe a little early for that yet!). My favourite skincare at the moment has got to be the Clinique Turnaround Daytime Revitalising Moisturiser (£30.00) for the gorgeous luminous glow and light wear. Instead of foundation I find the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue (£26.00) is just perfect for this time of year, it’s a superpower gel cream that gives skin medium coverage with a radiant finish. It’s dreamy, let me tell you.
So there we have it, top tips ready for the warmer times, I just need the weather to match now and I’m ready.
What are your top tips for preparing for Spring?
Post contains collaborative links with ProSkin
It’s always my feet and the caked on old nail polish that needs a little TLC at this time of year – have just pedicured with a minty green that sings Spring…that and layering on the moisturiser! I love Nivea Soft …can get through gallons of it. Definitely going to look out for the Salt Scrub you mentioned! B x
I really want to try that Salt Scrub! Xx