Most of the world is still dealing with lockdowns on and off and have been all year. It’s true that we’re all sick of it, but it’s also true that we know what needs to be done to keep everyone safe. It doesn’t mean that we don’t miss our family and friends, though, and trying to get the family together during lockdown is still possible – with a few tweaks here and there, that is!
With working from home while trying to raise kids and homeschool them at the same time, you need as much interaction as possible! You don’t have to have all of your friends and family physically pile into the house, though, especially not when you can porch-drop personalized t shirts to all of your favorites and invite them to a Skype party online! You can spend as much or as little as possible when you are trying to bring everyone together, and brainstorming ways to stay connected is so important when you are in a lockdown situation. So, with this in mind, here are some of the best ways that you can keep your family close during COVID-19.
- Come Dine With Who? A little spin on the popular TV show, you can get your family to play “Come Dine With Me”. The difference here is that you all choose a specific cuisine and you – if you are close by to each other – can do doorstep dinner drops at a distance. Then, you all get together on Skype or Zoom and eat together, judging each dish. This game is best played when you live close to the members of the family who will be involved, and you can then guess who did the drop!
- Game Night. This one is a good one for family and friends near and far but game night can be hosted online and everyone from different households can take part. Play online Cards Against Humanity, or choose another online quiz game and everyone orders some food! Games night can be as long or as short as you like, and there are plenty of ways to play that will keep everyone happy and involved.
- Exercise Sessions. You can join in on a number of at-home exercise sessions with family. Think dance workouts, Zumba, Yoga and more. You can have a laugh together while getting fit. It’s not the same as going to a gym, but it’s definitely a good way to get everyone loosened up and moving more. Who can say no to some endorphins?
- Film Night. Everyone assembled with snacks, and you all take turns nominating a film each week. You can then all watch it at the same time and enjoy it. Once it’s done, you can talk through the film and choose the bits you liked and didnt like the most.
- Quiz Night. Remember those personalized t-shirts we talked about? Consider getting them for family quiz night! You can make it a real team game and everyone can wear the colors and team names chosen for them.