The Fourth Trimester – it’s all consuming, right? Everything in my world has been baby, baby, baby and although obviously, Violet is my world now, I’ve realised that a really important part of being a happy Mum is remembering who you were before babies.
I feel like a different person now, my body feels different, my daily life is totally different – it’s so easy to lose touch of who you were beforehand. So, in the last week, two of my favourite Mummy bloggers have given me a much-needed nudge in the right direction into remembering who I am, underneath the maternity sized stripy tops and messy Mum-bun.
Firstly, I attended a styling event with Bethanie Lunn, who got me trying on clothes to flatter my new body shape and although I felt hideously embarrassed of my lumps and bumps at first, she really gave me a boost and showed me a few new styles that suit my new figure. It was also fab to have a baby-free night out with my blogger friend Aine, we always have a giggle together, I shall miss her when she whizzes off to Bali very soon!
Secondly, Lauren has tagged me in this post to write 10 little things that make me happy – so I thought this would be a good time to write 10 non-baby related things to remind myself of the little joys outside of being a mother. So, here goes!
- Wearing my Rose Gold trainers with glittery toes and watching my feet sparkle in the sunshine as I walk along.
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Being on maternity leave during the summer and living right on the beach – I know what I’m going to be doing every day once the weather warms up!
- Pouring my heart and soul into my blog again – I missed it during my break, I realised how much of an outlet it is.
- The smell of a burnt out sparkler (or party popper!) – sort of stealing this one from Lauren, but she reminded me in her post talking about matches!
- Looking back at holiday snaps and reliving the happy memories of the places we have been
- Mojitos – I haven’t had one in over a year, I think the time has come!
- Wearing bright lipstick – even if I’m feeling low, a slick of colour always perks me up
- Robbie’s biscuit paws – yes, his feet paws like cookies baking in the oven (really)
- Striking everything off my to do list and putting my feet up to some trashy TV
To carry on the happiness tag, I tag the following bloggers:
Maisie of Love, Maisie
Aine of Honestly Aine
Holly of ClosingWinter
Sarah of SunshineSarah
Bethanie of Bethanie Lunn
Plus anyone who’d like to join in!
What little things make you happy?
Your trainers are so cute! I need to get myself some! Thanks for the tag lovely! Can’t wait to post mine! x
Thank you! Love sparkly trainers, they always add a spring to my step! xx
Thanks for the tag lovely!!! 😊 Love your little list too!! Xoxo
You are welcome! Can’t wait to read your post! xx
Aw thank you for the tag! Great post my lovely. Your rose gold trainers rock!
Looking forward to reading your post (if you decide to take part!) xx
Gold trainers and salted caramel ice cream are two of my faves too. You look so cute in this snap! 😉
Aww thank you! 🙂 xx
It’s great you are focusing on things related to you that make you happy. I think it’s very important to do that from time to time.
Totally, especially with a baby, it’s so easy to get wrapped up in motherhood! xx
So many lovely things on your list! Can’t wait to write mine 🙂 xx
Holly ∣ Closingwinter
Can’t wait to read yours! xx
Haha that’s fun even if you don’t strike everything off your list a girl still deserves to watch trashy tv
Oh yeah, love the trashy TV! xx
It’s always the small things that make people happy
Exactly! And they are easy to take for granted too! xx
Such a lovely post! It’s so easy to loose ourselves when we experience new chapters in our lives. New jobs can take over, moving house can take us away from our social circles and, possibly the most life changing, becoming a parent. It’s wonderful that you’ve taking some time to remember who you are. It’s so important for your own self care, so that you can be the best Mummy possible for Violet. Xx
Tania | When Tania Talks
Getting everything I need to do done and then just vegging in front of the TV is literally one of my favourite things, so is watching movies on really rainy days.
Julia // The Sunday Mode
Love your list, I am really tempted to do this. x http://www.laurabluebell.com