The Fourth Trimester – it’s all consuming, right? Everything in my world has been baby, baby, baby and although obviously, Violet is my world now, I’ve realised that a really important part of being a happy Mum is remembering who you were before babies.
I feel like a different person now, my body feels different, my daily life is totally different – it’s so easy to lose touch of who you were beforehand. So, in the last week, two of my favourite Mummy bloggers have given me a much-needed nudge in the right direction into remembering who I am, underneath the maternity sized stripy tops and messy Mum-bun.
Firstly, I attended a styling event with Bethanie Lunn, who got me trying on clothes to flatter my new body shape and although I felt hideously embarrassed of my lumps and bumps at first, she really gave me a boost and showed me a few new styles that suit my new figure. It was also fab to have a baby-free night out with my blogger friend Aine, we always have a giggle together, I shall miss her when she whizzes off to Bali very soon!
Secondly, Lauren has tagged me in this post to write 10 little things that make me happy – so I thought this would be a good time to write 10 non-baby related things to remind myself of the little joys outside of being a mother. So, here goes!
- Wearing my Rose Gold trainers with glittery toes and watching my feet sparkle in the sunshine as I walk along.
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Being on maternity leave during the summer and living right on the beach – I know what I’m going to be doing every day once the weather warms up!
- Pouring my heart and soul into my blog again – I missed it during my break, I realised how much of an outlet it is.
- The smell of a burnt out sparkler (or party popper!) – sort of stealing this one from Lauren, but she reminded me in her post talking about matches!
- Looking back at holiday snaps and reliving the happy memories of the places we have been
- Mojitos – I haven’t had one in over a year, I think the time has come!
- Wearing bright lipstick – even if I’m feeling low, a slick of colour always perks me up
- Robbie’s biscuit paws – yes, his feet paws like cookies baking in the oven (really)
- Striking everything off my to do list and putting my feet up to some trashy TV
To carry on the happiness tag, I tag the following bloggers:
Maisie of Love, Maisie
Aine of Honestly Aine
Holly of ClosingWinter
Sarah of SunshineSarah
Bethanie of Bethanie Lunn
Plus anyone who’d like to join in!
What little things make you happy?