For the last few years, a trip to the Pharmacie was always a highlight of my French holidays. Caudalie, L’Occatane and Vichy are some of the brands I usually look out for, but now Violet is here my love for French skincare has extended to her too, having recently discovered lovely French brand for babies and expectant mothers, called Mustela.
When I was pregnant their Light Legs Gel got me through the night with my horrific fidget legs, but today we will be talking about their extensive baby range, plus I have a few goodies to giveaway at the end of the post too, so keep reading!
A couple of months back, Violet was sent this amazing care package of products for us to try out at her bath times. It took her a while to enjoy bath time, so having some lovely products that smell gorgeous and relaxes little ones really helps. We have since fallen in love with the Mustela baby range and use it daily.
Mustela was founded in France 60 years ago and over the years has grown a great following – they have now become the number one baby skincare brand across Europe, which is pretty incredible seeing as they aren’t the most common over here in the UK! They cover all skin types for your little ones – such as normal skin, dry skin, very sensitive skin and atopic prone (eczema) skin.
I’m sure you know by now that I am a firm believer in only using natural products with Violet and more importantly products that are free from nasty chemicals. Mustela’s new baby skin care range is just that – natural and free from parabens, phthalate and phenoxyethanol.
Among our care package we received:
- Hydra Bebe Facial Cream – This is the first facial specific cream I’ve seen for babies! It’s ideal as I wasn’t sure with other baby lotions whether they should be applied to the face or not, so knowing this created purely for the delicate facial skin is ideal.
- No Rinse Cleansing Water – A really handy product, gently clean the face, body and nappy area with no need for water, just wipe away with a cotton pad. This was extra useful on our recent weekend away where we were without a baby bath but can be used any time for a quick clean and freshen between baths.
- Hydra Baby Body Lotion – Soft and delicate body lotion that gives lasting hydration to the skin, perfect after bath time.
- Gentle Shampoo – We’ve just started using this and it’s a no-tears formula that can be splashed about in with no worries about getting in little eyes, it also cleanses without drying the skin out.
- Baby Massage Oil – I love to give Violet a baby massage before bed, this oil is just perfect for this as it’s a dry oil, so it doesn’t leave her all greasy to the touch afterwards. The Avocado oil helps restore and protect the skin’s natural protective barrier too.
- Vitamin Barrier Cream – helps to prevent, soothe and recover the skin from nappy rash also comes in a handy tube, perfect for the change bag.
- Hydra Stick – ideal for targeting spots of dry skin, Violet gets little patches behind her ears so we’ve been using this here.
- Cleansing Wipes – these aren’t just any wet wipes, they are soft and luxurious to the touch with a lovely gentle scent too!
- Plus the lovely Mustela team kindly sent an amazingly cute, plump, pink teddy bear, which Violet LOVES and plays with all the time!
We’ve been loving trying the Mustela range, there hasn’t been a product I wouldn’t recommend. For babies skincare the products feel higher-end and much more caring on delicate skin than a lot of products I’ve tried so I’ll certainly be re-purchasing each product as they start to run out and sticking with a brand we know and trust.
Now for the exciting part – I have a little goody bag of treats from Mustela to giveaway to one lucky winner! The winner will receive all the products in the picture below, plus the CUTE teddy bear (honestly, your baby will think thats the best bit) – and don’t worry, I’m not taking Violet’s teddybear away from her, I have two!
Enter below to win: